Hi there! I’m Dansdaughter if you hadn’t guessed.
I reblog funny, nerdy, interesting and sometimes sciencey things.
I do have different blogs which you can see on the 'Other blog' link on the side bar there
Oh also I tend to spew a bunch of posts of a specific thing sometimes so just a warning
Otherwise enjoy the madness~
GO WATCH THIS SHOW, HONESTLY IT IS SO AMAZING.
IF THIS POST CREATES 1 NEW PUSHING DAISIES FAN MY LIFE = MADE.
Alright let me help out then:
1) Most of the cast is female. In fact only two main characters are male.
2) Both male characters take typically non-masculine hobbies. Emerson Cod knits almost non-stop and makes pop-up books. Ned is literally called “The Pie-Maker” because he bakes homestyle pies from his mother’s method. Both are shown to be very nurturing and even maternal characters. Conversely, the women? A pair of professional travelling show performers that have gritty sexual scandals the way men usually get (see the entire “Chuck’s father” storylines), a beekeeper who is the single most positive and optimistic character imaginable, and a former professional jockey- Three of four pro athletes.
3) You could very easily make the claim Ned is asexual.
4) Yes, the storyline is about romance. But it’s also about the positive side of a love story, and their only drama lies in overcoming their inability to actually share contact.
5) A very good friend of mine recommended this show to me as “Disney for adults.” I told her it was already on my list to watch because “It’s by Bryan Fuller, from Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me.” Bryan Fuller is now most known for “Hannibal.” The same camera methods and bright colours and lighting techniques Hannibal is known for? Perfected in this show, just using a different tone- The same colour methods in reverse, upping the vivid greens and yellows instead of reds and blues, which sells emotion both ways.
7) Probably one of the best examples of a modern day fairy tale possible.
8) Narrated by Jim Dale- The narrator for the HP audio books.
I don’t know if anyone’s already added links to this, but all of these here work and if you hover over the links, an episode description shows :)
This post is the reason I started watching Pushing Daisies and I encourage everyone to do the same
it’s also on amazon instant video if you have an amazon prime account and would prefer to watch it there
I keep forgetting, someone mentioned there was a mod thing for servers which removes people from the white list after a period of inactivity.
Arg I keep forgetting about that.
Bah I’ll get it tomorrow.
Ok, ok I’ll stop.
Cockatiel Singing Totoro
This makes my soul happy.
[muffled screaming] too many cute burds
when someone you don’t like try an touch you
This is What a Japanese Speaking Bird Sounds Like
In this clip we see a Hill Myna (Gracula religiosa) speaking Japanese during an exchange with its owner. Hill Mynas are renowned for the mimicry and some have placed their ability near or on par with African Grey Parrots. They can learn to reproduce many everyday sounds, whistled tunes and particularly the human voice, with remarkable accuracy and clarity.
According to comments on reddit, the conversation roughly translates as follows:
Bird:” ‘Uhm Hello, this is the Ono family.”
Bird: “What’s wrong?”
Owner: “Abe-chan, you’re a little too early. Once the phone’s picked up, then properly say hello.”
Bird: “Okay, understood.”
Owner: “Do you really understand? I’m counting on you. Hello, this is the Ono family residence in Gifu.”
Bird: “Okay, I understand!”
Owner: “Got it.”
omg reminds me of animal crossing speech
I went to the wrong High School